Quiche is quick to make, and makes a healthy breakfast for children and adults. Make it ahead of time, cut it into single serving pieces, wrap the individual pieces in foil or plastic wrap and freeze them. In the morning just defrost and reheat in the microwave. Simple and very tasty.
- ¾ cup of shredded swiss cheese
- ¾ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup of finely chopped onion
- 1 (10oz.) package of frozen chopped spinach, squeezed dry
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of half & half or milk
- 1 Tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 prepared 9 inch pie crust
Preheat oven to 375ºF. Sprinkle spinach and onion in prepared pie crust. Toss cheese with flour and sprinkle in the pie crust. In a large bowl gently whisk together eggs, half & half (or milk), salt and pepper. Pour this mixture over all of the other ingredients in the pie crust. Bake 50-60 minutes, or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean. Let stand 10 to 12 minutes before serving. If you are cutting it into single servings and freezing it, let the quiche cool completely.