This colorful salad is a traditional tossed green salad with a holiday lift.
- 9-12 oz baby spinach, washed and dried
- ½ cup canned beets, drained, sliced or julienned
- ½ cup mandarin oranges, drained
- ¼ cup feta or blue cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Combine all ingredients in an airtight container, cover and shake. Refrigerate until ready to use. (Dressing can be made a day ahead).
Before serving: Whisk salad dressing and toss with spinach leaves. Spread spinach on a large platter or flat bowl. Add beets and oranges on top of spinach. Sprinkle cheese and sunflower seeds. Serve.