- Vegetable oil spray 1 can (15 ounces) sliced carrots, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup matzoh meal
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 3 large eggs, separated
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
Heat oven to 350°F. Coat an 8×8-inch baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
Combine sliced carrots, pineapple, apples, matzoh meal, cranberries, slightly beaten egg yolks, almonds, cinnamon and coriander in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff; gently fold them into the carrot-pineapple mixture. Pour into the baking dish; bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Recipe provided by USDA MyPlate Kids Partner Group member: Canned Food Alliance