Sausage & Apricot Balsamic Rice
- 1 (12-ounce) package sage-flavored pork sausage
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 6 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- ¾ cup chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup coarsely chopped roasted, salted cashew nuts
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
Crumble sausage into a large non-stick skillet. Stirring periodically, cook over medium heat until browned, about 10 to 15 minutes. Drain grease from pan. Add maple syrup and vinegar; stir and cook 2 to 3 minutes to blend. Add rice, apricots, cashews, salt and pepper; stir over medium heat until blended. Serve warm.
Makes: 8 servings
Each serving provides 426 calories, 10 grams protein, 25 grams fat, 41 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams dietary fiber and 630 milligrams sodium.