Many main dishes taste so much better with a simple side of sautéed mushrooms. Try the basic recipe or take it to another level with one of our variation suggestions.
- 8-oz mushrooms, any variety or a mixture
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Wash and slice 8 ounces of mushrooms (any variety or a mixture).
- In a large skillet, heat 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil over medium-high heat, and add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally until mushrooms are tender, liquid evaporates and they begin to brown, about 6 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve hot.
After cooking mushrooms, remove form heat and add:
- 3 Tbsp. cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. chopped green onions
- Add ¼ cup Thai peanut sauce
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1-3 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp soy sauce