- 8 cups fresh cauliflower florets
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh green chives
- 1 cup Daisy Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- In a large bowl, toss the cauliflower with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place in a single layer on a large baking sheet.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times during roasting, until tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a food processor, process the spinach, basil and chives for 15 seconds or until very finely chopped.
- Add the cottage cheese and lemon pepper.
- Pulse 10 to 15 times until blended.
- Transfer to microwavable serving bowl.
- Heat the dip on High power for 30 to 45 seconds or until warm throughout.
- Serve the roasted cauliflower with the warm dip.
- Cover and refrigerate any leftovers.
Prep time: 20 Minutes
Total time: 35 Minutes
Calories: 73 Total Fat: 4 g Sat. Fat: 1 g Trans Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 3 mg Sodium: 209 mg Total Carbohydrate: 5 g Fiber: 2 g Sugar: 2 g Protein: 5 g
*Based on Daisy Low Fat Cottage Cheese
Recipe and Photo provided by USDA MyPlate Kids Partner Group member: Daisy Brand