Chicken Mulligatawny Soup
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup carrot, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 Tbsp. curry Powder
- 1 Tbsp. lemon Juice
- 1(15.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 Lb. boneless & skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- ½ cup coconut milk or half-n-half
- Cooked brown rice
In a large stock pot, combine oil, celery, carrot, onion, apple, curry powder, lemon juice. Cook over medium-high for 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cut chicken into 1-inch cubes and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place chicken and flour in a ziploc bag. Seal and shake. Add chicken to the stock pot. Bring to boil, and then reduce heat. Cover, and simmer 40 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in coconut milk (or cream). Serve warm with cooked rice.
Mulligatawny Stew can be frozen into single-serving portions for quick heat n’ eat meals.