Add spinach or kale to your smoothie and it looks like something that oozed out of a swamp—but it tastes great, and has monster nutrition.
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1 overripe banana
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds or walnuts (if you like)
- Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
- Put the kale, banana, apple, blueberries, yogurt, orange juice, and almonds (if you like) in the blender. Put the top on tightly.
- Turn the blender to medium and blend until the mixture is very smooth.
- Serve right away, or store in a thermos or covered in the fridge up to 4 hours.
Recipe provided by USDA MyPlate Kids Partner Group member: Chop Chop