Veggie Chile Stew
This terrific vegetable stew is made with popular Mexican vegetables and a hint of green chiles. Green chiles are the perfect “first” pepper to introduce. They have a gentle, mild flavor. While you can puree this recipe to a smooth texture or it’s perfect as a stage 3 food with a slightly chunky texture.
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- ½ cup diced tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 1 ear corn, kernels cut off cob (or ¾ cup frozen corn)
- 1 Tbsp. canned green chiles
- ¼ cup water
- Place all the ingredients in a pan and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover the pan and turn heat down to medium. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Pour the vegetable stew into a blender or food processor and pulse to chunky texture.
- Spoon into Fresh Baby Freezer Storage Trays.
- Cover and freeze.
When ready to serve, defrost and warm up the cubes. This stew is a delicious vegetable dish. You can also add cooked brown rice or fork-mashed black beans to it before serving.