Julia Child made the Nicoise Salad famous on her TV cooking show, “The French Chef”. This salad has wonderful refreshing flavors and is a perfect summer one-dish meal!
• 1 head of Boston lettuce
• 2 cups cooked French-style green beans
• 2 cups of cooked Potatoes, diced
• 1 medium Tomato, diced
• 2 Hard-cooked Eggs, quartered
• 1 cup of drained and flaked Canned Tuna
• Fresh Chives, chopped (optional garnish)
• Classic French Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- Wash and dry the lettuce, tear into small pieces and put in a salad bowl.
- Sprinkle a few tablespoons of the French Vinaigrette over the top and toss gently. This salad looks best when plated individually for each person.
- To plate the salad: Place ½ -1 cup of salad greens on a dinner plate.
- Arrange the green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, tuna and eggs on the plate.
- Spoon French Vinaigrette over the top and sprinkle with fresh chopped chives. Serve with French Bread.
Classic French Vinaigrette
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup olive oil
Combine all ingredients in jar with a tight fitting lid (or plastic container). Shake well. This dressing keeps fresh in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.