Julia Child made the Nicoise Salad famous on her TV cooking show, “The French Chef”. This salad has wonderful refreshing flavors and is a perfect summer one-dish meal!
- 1 head of Boston lettuce
- 2 cups cooked French-style green beans
- 2 cups of cooked potatoes, diced
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, quartered
- 1 cup of drained and flaked canned tuna
- Fresh chives, chopped (optional garnish)
- Classic French Vinaigrette
Ingredients: Classic French Vinaigrette
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground pepper
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar or lemon juice
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup olive oil
- Wash and dry the lettuce, tear into small pieces and put in a salad bowl.
- Sprinkle a few tablespoons of the French Vinaigrette over the top and toss gently. This salad looks best when plated individually for each person.
- To plate the salad: Place ½ -1 cup of salad greens on a dinner plate.
- Arrange the green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, tuna and eggs on the plate.
- Spoon French Vinaigrette over the top and sprinkle with fresh chopped chives. Serve with French Bread.
Classic French Vinaigrette Directions
Combine all ingredients in jar with a tight fitting lid (or plastic container). Shake well. This dressing keeps fresh in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.