No-Fuss Sweet Potato Pumpkin Mousse
This mousse is elegant, continental, sophisticated and incredibly easy. There’s no cooking, no whipping and no fuss, and yet the results are as creamy and decadent as a confection that took hours to prepare. Made with the delectable flavor of sweet potatoes, it’s nutritious and delicious. Each serving provides 350% of the Daily Value for vitamin A and 15% of the Daily Value for vitamin C – not bad for a bit of decadence.
- 1 can (15 oz.) cut sweet potatoes in syrup, drained (1/4 cup syrup reserved)
- 1 can (15 oz.) 100% pure pumpkin purée
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sweetened* whipped cream or whipped dessert topping
- Purée sweet potatoes and reserved syrup in a food processor.
- Add pumpkin, honey, pie spice, and cinnamon, and process until blended and smooth.
- Scrape into a large bowl.
- Fold in the whipped cream (don’t overmix) and serve, or store mousse tightly covered in the refrigerator for up to 24 hours.