Omlettes Aux Fines Herbes(Omelet with Fresh Herbs)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. butter
- ½-1 tsp. fresh chives, chopped
- Small pinch of salt
- 1 Tbsp. Gruyére or Swiss cheese, shredded
- Crack the egg large into a small bowl and add the chives and sea salt. Using a fork beat the egg mixture well. In a 6-inch non-stick pan, over medium heat, melt butter. Swirl the butter in the pan to coat the bottom. Add the egg mixture. With your fork, stir the eggs quickly to form small curds.
- When the egg mixture begins to set (after about 1-2 minutes) press gently on the egg with the fork or a flat rubber spatula to flatten it. Angle the pan downward, and using the fork or flat rubber spatula, fold the top part of the omelet inward. Sprinkle the cheese across the center. Fold in the bottom part inward. Cook for 30 more seconds and slide it on a plate.
- Serve with toast and fresh fruit – Voila!