- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless, chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 each yellow and red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 14 ounce low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup 100% Florida orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon of oil; add in chicken and stir fry until lightly browned; remove and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining oil; stir fry vegetables and ginger 4-5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Combine chicken broth, orange juice and zest, soy sauce and cornstarch in bowl and stir until smooth.
- Add to skillet, stirring constantly. Boil 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in chicken and cook until heated through.
- Spoon over or toss with warm rice.
Recipe provided by USDA MyPlate Kids Partner Group member: USA Rice