Beans are eaten by everyone in Brazil, including babies! This is a deliciously smooth and delightfully sweet baby food puree. Combine it with mashed brown rice and it’s a complete meal – vegetable, fruit, protein and grain all-in-one dish!
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 medium banana
- 1 can (15 oz.) white beans (white kidney or cannellini)
- Pour white beans into a colander and rinse with water for one minute. Place beans into food processor or blender.
- Wash, peel and slice the sweet potato into large chunks. Place sweet potato chunks and 2 Tablespoons of water in a microwave -proof dish. Cover and cook in microwave for 5-6 minutes until they mash easily with a fork. Place cooked sweet potatoes into the blender or food processor with beans.
- Cut banana into chunks and place into the blender or food processor along with the beans and sweet potatoes. Add ½ cup water and process to a smooth texture.
- Spoon the mixture into So Easy Storage Trays, Cover and Freeze.
To serve: defrost cubes and warm slightly.