White Bean Burritos
- 4 Tablespoons canned, white beans,
drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. cheddar or jack cheese
- 1/2 tsp. chopped cilantro
- 1/2 avocado, sliced or mashed
- 1 small 6″ whole-wheat flour tortilla
- Place beans and lemon juice in a bowl and mash with a fork.
- Mix in cheese and cilantro.
- Heat the mixture in microwave for 30 seconds, until cheese is melted.
- Spoon the bean mixture and avocado on the flour tortilla crosswise, fold the tortilla in on 2 opposite sides, and roll it up lengthwise.
- Let it cool before serving.
Tip: If the flour tortilla seems a bit stiff, you can soften the tortilla by placing it between 2 damp paper towels and microwave 20 seconds. This will make folding and rolling it easier.