Recipe by Cris Comerford, White House Executive Chef
Why is a wrap more fun than a sandwich? We don’t know, but it sure is. Lavash is a Middle-Eastern flat bread that is often topped with sesame seeds. Multi-grain tortillas are a perfect substitute.
- 2 multi-grain lavash or 8-inch tortillas
- 2 tablespoons Lemony Hummus
- 4 slices roasted or smoked turkey breast
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 tomato slices
- 2 slices cheddar cheese (or 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese-or whatever kind of cheese you like best!)
- Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
- Lay out the wraps on your clean work surface.
- Use the teaspoon to spread 1 tablespoon hummus on each wrap and top each with 2 slices turkey, 1 romaine leaf, 1 tomato slice and 1 cheese slice, making a line of filling down the middle with a little room at the top and bottom.
- Roll up each wrap, then wrap with foil, wax paper, or parchment paper. Serve right away.
How to Wrap: Fold an inch of the top of the wrap down over the filling, then fold an inch of the bottom up over it. Starting with one side, roll the wrap up tightly into a log.
Recipe provided by USDA MyPlate Kids Partner Group member: Chop Chop