Shitake & Edamame Puree
- 4 oz. Shitake mushrooms, stems removed
- 12 oz. (2 cups) Shelled edamame (frozen)
- ¾ – 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp. Soy sauce, optional
- Bring 6 cups of water to boil in a stock pot. Add edamame and mushrooms and cook for 4 minutes. Drain edamame and mushrooms in a colander and place them in a blender or food processor. Add the soy sauce and ¾ cup of water to the mixture in the blender. Process until the mixture is a smooth puree. If needed, add additional water.
- Spoon the puree into Fresh Baby Freezer Storage Trays, cover and freeze until ready to use. Serve with mashed brown rice, meats or fish.