- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 Tbsp. corn meal
- 1 egg
- 2 tilapia fillets
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- Cut fish (catfish or tilapia) into strips about 1-inch wide and 3 inches long. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- Crack the egg into a wide bowl and beat with a fork.
- On a shallow plate mix the corn meal and flour together.
- Dip the fish pieces in egg and then coat both side with the flour mixture.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Place coated fish strips in the pan and cook them, about 3 minutes. Flip the fish over cooked another 2- 3 minutes. The fish should be nicely browned on both sides. Transfer fish to a paper towel.
Serve fish sticks warm with a seafood dipping sauce (below) or low-fat ranch dressing.
Simple Seafood dipping sauces:
- Tartar: Mayonnaise mixed with sweet pickle relish
- Cocktail Sauce: Ketchup mixed with horseradish and lemon juice
- Siracha Mayo: Mayonnaise mixed with siracha sauce