Lemon Caper Baked Salmon
- 1 lb. Salmon fillet, skin removed
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1-2 tsp. capers, minced
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray. Pat salmon dry with a paper towel and season lightly with salt and pepper. Slice salmon into 4 serving pieces (for smaller children, cut a serving piece in half for their portion).
- Mix mayonnaise, capers and lemon zest in a small bowl. Coat both sides of the salmon with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Pour bread crumbs onto a plate. Working one piece at a time lay each piece of salmon into the crumbs and press gently. Turn the salmon over and press again. Place the crumb-coated salmon on the baking sheet.
- Once all of the salmon pieces are breaded and on the baking sheet, place the sheet in the oven on the highest rack (closest to your broiler). Bake 10 minutes. Turn broiler on high and allow the bread crumbs to brown (watch them closely, so as not to burn them). Remove the baking sheet from the broiler. Serve with lemon wedges.