Irish Lamb Stew
- 1 lb. ground lamb
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1 cup pearl onions, frozen
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Rosemary, fresh or 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup dark beer (such as Guinness)
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
In a heavy stockpot over high heat, sauté the ground lamb and beef until browned (about 8 minutes). Remove the meat from the pan and set aside. Add sweet potatoes, parsnips, and pearl onions to the pot and sauté 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste, garlic, rosemary and cook 2 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook 1 minute.
Add the beer, broth, Worcestershire and mustard. Add the meat back into the pot and bring to a boil. Cook for 15-20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.