- 1 lb. Ground lamb
- 1 lb. Ground beef
- 2 cups Sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup Parsnips, peeled and diced
- 1 cup Pearl onions, frozen
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Rosemary
- ¼ cup Flour
- 1 cup Dark beer (such as Guinness)
- 3 cups Beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp.Dijon mustard
In a heavy stockpot over high heat, sauté the ground lamb and beef until browned (about 8 minutes). Remove the meat from the pan and set aside. Add sweet potatoes, parsnips, and pearl onions to the pot and sauté 5 minutes. Add the tomato paste, garlic, rosemary and cook 2 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook 1 minute.
Add the beer, broth, Worcestershire and mustard. Add the meat back into the pot and bring to a boil. Cook for 15-20 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve.