- ½ lb. Thick-sliced bacon, diced
- 1 large Onion, diced
- 2 cans (4 oz) Green chilies
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic, mnced
- 2 cans (15 oz.) White navy beans
- 2 cans (15 oz.) Red kidney beans
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (store bought)
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Mustard
- Rinse the beans in a colander under cold water for 1 minute.
- Cook bacon in a large pot until crisp. Remove from pan and place on paper-towel-lined plate. Discard all but about 2 Tablespoons of bacon drippings. Add onion, chilies and garlic to the pot and cook over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans, ketchup, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire, and mustard to the pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook until thick, about 30 minutes.
- Season beans with salt and stir in bacon. Serve.
- Makes 8-10 servings.