- ½ lb. thick-sliced bacon, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cans (4 oz) green chilies
- 1 Tbsp. garlic, minced
- 2 cans (15 oz.) white navy beans
- 2 cans (15 oz.) red kidney beans
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup BBQ sauce (store bought)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp. mustard
- Rinse the beans in a colander under cold water for 1 minute.
- Cook bacon in a large pot until crisp. Remove from pan and place on paper-towel-lined plate.
- Discard all but about 2 Tablespoons of bacon drippings. Add onion, chilies and garlic to the pot and cook over medium heat until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans, ketchup, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire, and mustard to the pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook until thick, about 30 minutes.
- Season beans with salt and stir in bacon. Serve.
Makes: 8-10 servings