WOW Watermelon Soda
Exotic soda flavors are soaring in popularity, but many of them are filled with unhealthy artificial ingredients and high fructose corn syrup. Why not try making a homemade watermelon soda that the whole family will love? This recipe will take a few minutes to make, but it’s quite simple and the fresh watermelon flavor is totally worth it. To make the soda, you’ll make watermelon syrup and add sparkling water or club soda to it. Enjoy quick access to watermelon soda all summer by making a batch of the watermelon syrup and freezing it in Freezer Storage Trays. When thirst heats up, simply drop a cube into soda water. It’s an instant refresher!
- 5 cups Watermelon,
chopped and seeded
- 5 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Lime juice
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 3 cups Sparkling water
or club soda
- Puree the watermelon in a blender or a food processor.
- Pour the watermelon puree into a fine strainer that is set over a bowl.
- Let it stand for 20 minutes until the juice has drained through.
- Stir the watermelon gently one or twice, but do not press the puree or the syrup will be cloudy. This will yield about 2 cups of watermelon juice.
- Stir the sugar, lime juice and salt into the watermelon juice until dissolved. At this point, you can freeze the watermelon syrup into individual portions using our freezer storage trays.
- To serve, pour ¼ cup watermelon syrup with 1 cup sparkling water in a glass. Top with ice and enjoy!