Sprout and Grape Puree
This is a simple and delicious vegetable and fruit combination that is very green. The grapes provide a pleasant sweetness which makes this recipe nicely suited for introducing little ones to Brussels sprouts.
- 1 ½ cups Brussels sprouts
- 1 ½ cups Green grapes, washed
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Trim Brussels Sprout ends, remove outside leaves and slice in half.
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add Brussels sprouts and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add grapes, 1/4 cup of water and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the mixture into a blender or food processor and puree to a smooth texture.
- Pour the puree into Freezer Storage Trays, cover and freeze. Simply defrost cubes when ready to use.