Snappy Pea and Pineapple Salad
Sugar snap peas are crunchy, sweet and fun to eat! This is a delicious salad that’s sure to be a hit at the dinner table or in a lunchbox. To bring out the incredible green color of the sugar snap peas, blanch them first. Blanching is simple cooking technique that adds eye-popping visual appeal to your veggies.
- 8 ounces fresh sugar snap peas
- ½ cup fresh pineapple, diced
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
Blanch sugar snap peas:
- Place peas in pan of boiling water for 2 minutes. With a slotted spoon, move them to a bowl of cold water and ice. Drain the peas when they are completely cold.
- Whisk sesame oil, brown sugar, vegetable oil, teriyaki sauce, and rice vinegar together.
- Combine the peas and pineapple in a salad bowl.
- Just before serving, toss with the dressing.
- Add ½ cup cubed firm tofu or cooked chicken for a great lunch or light dinner.