- 1 – 14.7 oz can Salmon, drained and crumbled
- 1 – Potatoes, peeled, boiled and cooled
- 2 oz. – Yogurt (plain)
- 1 – Cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 – Egg, beaten
- 0.5 oz. – Onions, chopped fine
- 1 tsp. – Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. – Mustard
- 1/2 cup – Bread Crumbs
- 1 – Lemon, juice
- 2 oz. – Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp. – Dill, dried
- Salt & Pepper (S&P) To Taste
- Heat 1/2 of oil in pan and add garlic and onions.
- Saute until aroma is released.
- Meanwhile crush potatoes and mix with salmon and 1/2 the lemon juice.
- Add garlic and onions, mix, and add eggs and mustard. Mix again.
- Add bread crumbs. You may not need all the crumbs. Fold until combined.
- Heat pan again and add remaining oil.
- While heating, use a ice cream scoop and scoop salmon mixture. Place into pan.
- Fry cakes on both sides for 4 minutes each.
- Combine yogurt, dill, cucumbers, remaining lemon juice and S&P. Mix well.
- Serve salmon cakes with yogurt sauce.
Cost Per Recipe: $6.13
Omega-3 Per Serving: 900 mg
Recipe provided by USDA MyPlate Kids Partner Group Member: Seafood Nutrition Partnership