Praline Pumpkin Rice Pudding
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk, divided
- 3 cups cooked short or medium grain white rice
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 dark brown sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Reserve 2 tablespoons evaporated milk; set aside for Praline Topping.
- In heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine remaining evaporated milk, cooked rice, pumpkin, 1/2 cup brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice and salt.
- Stirring occasionally, cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until pudding begins to thicken.
- Pour into 2-quart serving dish or individual dessert dishes.
Melt butter in heavy skillet over low heat. Add remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and 2 tablespoons evaporated milk; cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until mixture is smooth. Stir in nuts to coat. Spoon pecan mixture over pudding. Serve at room temperature.
Each serving provides 290 calories, 6 grams protein, 12 grams fat, 36 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams dietary fiber and 140 milligrams sodium.
Makes 8 servings