Peanuts are harvested in Northwestern Brazil. Here they are matched with cheese for great toddler lunch or snack.
- 3 slices Whole wheat bread
- 2 Tbsp. Peanut butter
- ¼ cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1/8 tsp. Paprika
- 2 tsp clilantro, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Lightly toast the bread slices.
- Cut bread slices in half or quarters and spread with peanut butter.
- Preheat oven (or toaster oven) broiler.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, paprika, cilantro and a seasoning of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle cheese mixture over top of the peanut butter.
- Arrange toast pieces on a foil-lined cookie sheet and place under broiler for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.