- 4 Tbsp. (¼ cup) butter
- 10 oz. Marshmallows
- 12 cups Popped popcorn (preferably air-popped)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup lightly salted peanuts, chopped
Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the marshmallows. Heat, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows are completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
Toss the popcorn, peanuts and cranberries in a large mixing bowl. Pour the marshmallow mixture over the top. Toss gently to combine and coat the popcorn mixture. Allow to cool just slightly. Then form mixture into balls with well-buttered hands. Place popcorn balls on sheets of wax paper and allow to set.
Makes 8-10 popcorn balls. Store in an air-tight container.
Change the flavor:
Use the same recipe above, but replace the peanuts and dried cranberries with one of the following mixtures:
- ½ cup Dried cherries and ½ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup coconut, ¼ cup banana chip pieces and ½ cup chopped macadamia nuts
- ½ cup dried chopped apricots and ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup broken pretzel pieces and ½ cup raisins