Peanut and Popcorn Balls
- 4 Tbsp. (¼ cup) butter or margarine
- 10 oz. marshmallows
- 12 cups popped popcorn (preferably air-popped)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup lightly salted peanuts, chopped
Change the Flavor
Use the same recipe, but replace the peanuts and dried cranberries with one of the following mixtures:
- ½ cup dried cherries and ½ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ cup shredded coconut and ¼ cup banana chip pieces
- ½ cup dried chopped apricots and ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup broken pretzel pieces and ½ cup raisins
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the marshmallows. Heat, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows are completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Toss the popcorn, peanuts and cranberries in a large mixing bowl. Pour the marshmallow mixture over the top. Toss gently to combine and coat the popcorn mixture. Allow to cool just slightly.
- Form mixture into balls with well-buttered hands. Place popcorn balls on sheets of wax paper and allow to set.
Makes: 8-10 popcorn balls.
Store in an air-tight container.