Kale Salad with Lemon Dressing
- 1 Bunch of Kale
- ½ cup carrots, julienned or shredded
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Lemon Dressing (see recipe below)
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. White wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 Garlic clove, minced or crushed
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Make the dressing by combining all ingredients in an air-tight container. Cover and shake well.
- Using kitchen shears or a knife, remove the thick, white ribs from the kale. Rinse kale in water to remove sand and dirt and dry with cotton towels (or a salad spinner).
- Chop kale into bite-sized pieces. Place kale in large salad bowl; pour ½ the lemon dressing over the kale.
- Using your hands, gently massage the dressing into the kale until the leaves are glossy.
- Add the carrots, cranberries and remaining dressing and toss gently. Can be made up to one day ahead.