- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. milk
For a change of flavor, mix in one of these combinations:
- 1 tsp. mustard and 1 Tbsp. sweet pickle relish
- 2 Tbsp. garlic herb cheese and 1 tsp. fresh basil
- 1 Tbsp. chopped green chile and 3 Tbsp. colby jack shredded cheese
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled bacon and 1 tsp. chopped green onion
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese, 1 Tbsp. chopped black olives
Slice lengthwise, remove yolks and place them in a small mixing bowl. Mash yolks with mayonnaise and milk. Chop egg whites and stir them into the yolk mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
To serve: Make sandwiches with toasted whole grain bread or serve with whole grain crackers.