A nice alternative to pumpkin pie, these soft cookies are a delightful treat. The little ones can help with this easy recipe. Make them in advance and freeze them to seal in freshness. The cookies will thaw in one hour at room temperature. You are sure to create smiles with this dessert.
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Orange Glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease baking sheets.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle Orange Glaze over cookies.
- Combine 1-1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar, 2 to 3 tablespoons orange juice and 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel in medium bowl until smooth.
Makes 20 cookies