Mashed potatoes are a versatile side dish. With the addition of a few simple herbs and spices, you change their personality to pair with any ethnic menu. Simply make your mashed potato recipe and just before serving, try one of these:
- Southwestern: Add one chopped chipotle chili (in adobo sauce), 2 Tbsp of chopped cilantro
- Southern: Add ¼ cup crumbled bacon (pork, soy, or turkey) with 2 Tbsp chopped green onions.
- French: Add 2 Tbsp of chopped dill and 1 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice
- Japanese: Add 1 Tbsp of wasabi paste with 2 Tbsp chopped chives
- Italian: Add 2 Tbsp of prepared pesto sauce and ¼ cup Parmesan cheese.