- 1 Bunch of Kale
- ½ cup carrots, julienned or shredded
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Lemon Dressing (see recipe below)
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. White wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 1 Garlic clove, minced or crushed
- Pinch of salt & pepper
Make the dressing by combining all ingredients in an air-tight container. Cover and shake well.
Using kitchen shears or a knife, remove the thick, white ribs from the kale. Rinse kale in water to remove sand and dirt and dry with cotton towels (or a salad spinner). Chop kale into bite-sized pieces. Place kale in large salad bowl; pour ½ the lemon dressing over the kale. Using your hands, gently massage the dressing into the kale until the leaves are glossy.
Add the carrots, cranberries and remaining dressing and toss gently. Can be made up to one day ahead.