Versatile Green Pesto
- 1 cup of greens (traditionally basil, but try using greens such as arugula, kale, spinach or even mustard)
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. walnuts (nut allergy? Try using sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds or skip them)
- ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Combine greens, garlic, walnuts, parmesan cheese, and lemon juice in a blender and pulse to combine.
- With the blender on, slowly drizzle olive oil into the mixture.
- Turn the blender off and scrape down sides.
- Continue to blend until smooth.
To serve: Add pesto to hot pasta or drizzle on pork, chicken or baked potatoes. Pesto can also be frozen in our Freezer Storage Trays Trays to make convenient, pre-portioned cubes that add great flavor to a meal.