Teriyaki Salmon with Gingered Brown Rice
- ¼ cup low-sodium teriyaki sauce
- ¾ cup sliced green onions, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced ginger, divided
- 1 ½ pounds fresh salmon fillet, cut in 6 pieces
- 3 tablespoons low-fat olive oil and vinegar dressing
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1 cup shelled edamame beans* or diagonally sliced snow peas
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- In shallow bowl mix teriyaki sauce, ¼ cup of green onions and ¾ teaspoon ginger; place salmon fillets in teriyaki mixture and marinate 15 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
- In large bowl combine dressing and remaining ginger. Add hot rice, edamame beans, carrots and remaining green onions; toss well. If desired, add salt and pepper to taste. Cover to keep warm.
- Remove salmon from marinade. Grill or pan sear salmon over medium-high heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side, drizzling with 1 tablespoon of marinade, until cooked through but moist and tender. Discard remaining marinade.
- Serve salmon with rice mixture. If desired, serve with steamed broccoli.
*Edamame beans may be found in the produce section or freezer case of your grocery store.