Dates are sweet, just like candy. The good news that they are much more nutritious than candy and count toward daily fruit servings! Stuffed dates are simple to make and taste great for breakfast, snacks or dessert. Make a stuffed date platter for your next party. Once the dates are pitted, your children can pitch in to help stuff them.
- Whole Dates
Stuffing Ingredient Choices
- Crunchy: shredded carrots, chopped celery or green pepper
- Creamy: spreadable cream cheese, peanut butter
- Cheesy: cheddar, Monterey Jack
- Nutty: walnuts, almonds
Fruity: Apples, Mango, Mandarin Oranges
If the dates are not pitted, don’t worry, removing the pit is hassle- free. Simply slice the date longwise with a sharp knife, open the date at the slit and remove the pit. While the date is opened, simply stuff with your filling of choice and close it up.
If you have purchased pitted dates, simply open the date up and stuff them with your choice of filling and close them back up.
Mix and match the stuffing flavors for more eating satisfaction. Try one of these mixtures or make up your own:
- Chopped celery and peanut butter
- Cream cheese and shredded carrots
- Monterey Jack cheese and apples slices