Pecan Crusted Mackerel
- 1 lbs. mackerel, fillets
- 4 oz. yogurt, low or non-fat
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 oz. maple syrup
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 cup pecans, ground (can substitute with walnuts)
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, dried
- salt & pepper (S&P) to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 Ziplock bag, 1 gallon size
- cooking spray, as needed
- Ground pecans and mix with breads and parsley.
- Cut mackerel into thick strips, about 1 inch, mix with maple syrup and S&P.
- Add pecan and bread mixture to Ziplock bag.
- Add mackerel to Ziploc bag. Close and shake bag until the fish is well coated.
- Place onto greased sheet pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree for 7 minutes.
- Mix together, yogurt, lemon, cayenne and S&P. Serve sauce on the side with fish.
Cost Per Recipe: $13.87
Omega-3 Per Serving: 1,350 – 2,100 mg