- 1 lbs. – Mackerel, Fillets
- 4 oz. – Yogurt, Low or Non-Fat
- 1 cup – Bread Crumbs
- 1 oz. – Maple Syrup
- 1 – Lemon, Juiced
- 1 cup – Pecans, Ground (can substitute with Walnuts)
- 1 Tbsp. – Parsley, Dried
- Salt & Pepper (S&P) To Taste
- Cayenne Pepper To Taste
- 1 – Ziplock bag, 1 gallon size
- Cooking Spray, As Needed
- Ground pecans and mix with breads and parsley.
- Cut mackerel into thick strips, about 1 inch, mix with maple syrup and S&P.
- Add pecan and bread mixture to Ziplock bag.
- Add mackerel to Ziploc bag. Close and shake bag until the fish is well coated.
- Place onto greased sheet pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree for 7 minutes.
- Mix together, yogurt, lemon, cayenne and S&P. Serve sauce on the side wit fish.
Cost Per Recipe: $13.87
Omega-3 Per Serving: 1,350 – 2,100 mg
Recipe provided by USDA MyPlate Kids Partner Group Member: Seafood Nutrition Partnership