Soba noodles are made from buckwheat flour and have a unique brown color. Yakisoba is a popular dish of stir-fried soba noodles and a variety of meats and vegetables. You can use any type of meat or seafood and any types of vegetables – including bean sprouts, green peppers, mushrooms, Chinese cabbage, celery, and broccoli.
- 8-ounce Soba noodles
- 1 cup Bean sprouts, rinsed
- 8-10 Shitake mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 8 Cooked shrimp, chopped
- 3 Green onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable or Peanut oil
- 3 Tbsp. Soy sauce
- 2 tsp. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tsp. Sake
- Prepare Yakisoba sauce. Mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add soba noodles, stirring to separate them. Boil soba noodles for 6-8 minutes, until tender. Drain in a colander and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- In wok or large skillet, heat oil over high heat. Add shitake mushrooms and stir fry 2 minutes. Add soba noodles and stir fry 3 minutes. Add the Yakisoba Sauce, shrimp and bean sprouts and stir fry for 2 more minutes. Serve warm.