- 24 medium-sized mini bella, cremini or button mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 6 ounces ground pork
- 1 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 1 1/2 cups spinach, finely shredded
- ¼ cup Water chestnuts, finely diced
- ¼ cup Hoisin sauce
Preheat oven to 450°F
Prep the mushroom caps:
- Clean the mushrooms with a damp paper towel or cloth. Remove the stems
- Place the mushrooms, gill-side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet, and brush them with the olive oil.
- Place the mushrooms in the oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, flip over the mushrooms, and cook for another 5-10 minutes, or until most of the liquid released by the mushrooms has evaporated.
- Remove from the oven and let cool
- Turn oven heat down to 350°F
While the mushroom caps are cooking, combine the ground pork, teriyaki sauce, sesame oil, spinach and water chestnuts in a small bowl. When the mushroom caps have cooled, fill each cap with a rounded spoonful of the stuffing mixture and place them on a foil-lined cookie sheet.
Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and brush each mushroom with the hoisin sauce. Serve immediately.