- 1/2 large green bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 large carrot, shredded
- 1/2 cup Daisy Cottage Cheese
- 3 ounces shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 dashes olive oil spray
- Mix together the bell pepper, green onion, zucchini, carrot, cottage cheese and Cheddar cheese in a medium bowl.
- Spread the mixture evenly on four slices of the bread.
- Top with the remaining slices of bread.
- Spray each side of the sandwich with olive oil spray.
- Cook the sandwiches in a skillet over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until bottom is golden brown; turn and cook other side 2 to 3 minutes, or until bottom is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Total time: 25 Minutes
Calories: 332 Total Fat: 11 g Sat. Fat: 5 g Trans Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 25 mg Sodium: 589 mg Total Carbohydrate: 45 g Fiber: 7 g Sugar: 9 g Protein: 16 g
*Based on Daisy Low Fat Cottage Cheese
Recipe and Photo provided by USDA MyPlate Kids Partner Group member: Daisy Brand