Crusty French Bread
Cottage Cheese & Strawberries
Julia Child made the Nicoise Salad famous on her TV cooking show, “The French Chef”. This salad has wonderful refreshing flavors and is a perfect summer one-dish meal!
- 1 head of Boston lettuce
- 2 cups cooked French-style green beans
- 2 cups of cooked Potatoes, diced
- 1 medium Tomato, diced
- 2 hard-cooked Eggs, quartered
- 1 cup of Canned tuna, drained and flaked
- fresh Chives, chopped (optional garnish)
- Classic French Vinaigrette (recipe below)
Directions: Wash and dry the lettuce, tear into small pieces and put in a salad bowl. Sprinkle a few tablespoons of the French Vinaigrette over the top and toss gently. This salad looks best when plated individually for each person.
To plate the salad: Place ½ -1 cup of salad greens on a dinner plate. Arrange the green beans, potatoes, tomatoes, tuna and eggs on the plate. Spoon French Vinaigrette over the top and sprinkle with fresh chopped chives. Serve with French Bread.
Classic French Vinaigrette
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground Pepper
- ¼ cup White wine vinegar or lemon juice
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup Olive oil
Combine all the ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid (or plastic container). Shake well. This dressing keeps fresh in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.