This is our version of a Thai-style lettuce wrap, and it’s like a cross between a taco and a salad. All you have to do is prepare the ingredients and set them out: everyone assembles their own wraps, which makes it a fun, easy, interactive meal.
- 1 head soft-leafed lettuce, such as Bibb or butter (leaves separated, washed, and dried?)
- 2 cups shredded or diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups veggies, such as shredded cabbage, grated carrots, or leftover cooked green beans, or sliced radishes
- 1 cup whole fresh herb leaves: mint, cilantro, or basil, or a combination
- 1⁄3 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped?
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce?
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
- Arrange the lettuce, chicken, veggies, herbs, and peanuts into bowls or on plates.
- Put the soy sauce, lime juice, and sugar in a bowl and stir well.
- To assemble a roll, put a lettuce leaf on your plate and pile a small heap of ingredients across its middle, topping it with peanuts and a spoonful of sauce. Fold the sides in and roll the leaf up around the filling, burrito-style.
Substitute cubes of raw or baked tofu for the chicken.
Recipe provided by USDA MyPlate Kids Partner Group member: Chop Chop