- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 3 Tablespoons toasted pine nuts, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (6.5-oz.) package sun-dried tomato & basil spreadable cheese
- 3 cups cooked wild rice blend
In a medium bowl, combine chicken, pine nuts and basil. Set aside until ready to serve. Spray bottom of a large soup pot with cooking spray and preheat over medium heat. Add onions and sauté, stirring regularly for 4-6 minutes until softened. Add chicken broth; bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; whisk in spreadable cheese until well combined. Add cooked wild rice blend, stir well, and simmer over medium-low heat for 10-12 minutes to combine flavors. To serve: ladle bisque into individual shallow serving bowls. Mound an equal amount of the chicken mixture into the center of each serving. Serve immediately.
Each serving provides 480 calories, 33 grams protein, 22 grams fat, 39 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams dietary fiber and 1480 milligrams sodium.
Makes 4 servings
Recipe provided by USDA MyPlate Kids Partner Group member: USA Rice