- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted*
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add rice; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth and heat to boiling; stir once or twice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Stir in cheese, cranberries, pecans and onions. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cook’s Note: To toast pecans, spread nuts on small baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees 5 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring frequently.
Each serving provides 314 calories, 9 grams protein, 15 grams fat, 35 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams dietary fiber and 577 milligrams sodium.
Makes 4 servings
Recipe provided by USDA MyPlate Kids Partner Group member: USA Rice