Makes 6 servings
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup cubed or julienne carrots
- 1/2 cup cubed or julienne zucchini
- 1/2 cup cubed or julienne yellow squash
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3 cups cooked brown rice (cooked in low-sodium chicken broth)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves, or favorite herb
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots, zucchini, squash and garlic; cook until vegetables are tender crisp. Stir in rice, pepper and rosemary. Cook until thoroughly heated.
- Serving suggestion: Makes a great side dish for grilled meats, poultry or seafood.
*To julienne vegetables, slice diagonally. Cut each slice into matchstick-size strips.
Recipe provided by USDA MyPlate Kids Partner Group member: USA Rice