- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 5-oz. can tuna in water, drained
- 3 to 4 cups flat egg noodles
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the egg noodles according to the package directions and drain in a colander.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onions and sauté until soft (about 4 minutes), and then add in the mushrooms and peas. Cook for another minute and turn down the heat to low. Mix the soup, milk, and tuna in a separate bowl and add to the skillet. Stir until blended together. Combine the noodles and the contents of the skillet into an oven-proof casserole dish. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs. Bake 25-30 minutes. Let stand for 10-15 minute before serving.