- 1 1/2 cups whole grain penne
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic clove, finely minced
- 9 ounce bag fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup Daisy Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup lower sodium pasta sauce
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Fill a 5-quart saucepan two-thirds full with water; heat to boiling.
- Add the penne and cook according to the package directions.
- Drain the pasta and reserve. Return the saucepan to the stove.
- Heat the oil over medium heat. Cook and stir the garlic and spinach in the oil for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the spinach is wilted.
- Remove from the heat. In a small bowl, stir together the cottage cheese, basil, and black pepper.
- Stir the penne, chicken, pasta sauce, tomato and cottage cheese mixture into the spinach mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into a casserole dish. Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.
- Stir; sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and bake 5 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
Serves: 4 (1-1/4 cup servings)
Calories: 399 Total Fat: 13 g Sat. Fat: 3 g Trans Fat: 0 g Cholesterol: 51 mg Sodium: 432 mg Total Carbohydrate: 52 g Fiber: 7 g Sugar: 7 g Protein: 31 g
*Nutritional Information based on Daisy Brand Low Fat Cottage Cheese. *Nutritional Information based on Daisy Brand Low Fat Cottage Cheese.
Recipe and Photo provided by USDA MyPlate Kids Partner Group member: Daisy Brand