Don’t leave out the anchovies, even if you think you don’t like them! Most people never even know they’re in there—they just add a little salty-rich something you can’t quite put your finger on. This makes more dressing than you need for one dinner, but it’s great to have on hand for a few more salads.
- 4 ounces garlic cloves
- 2 ounces anchovy fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- Wash your hands with soap and water, then gather all ingredients and put them on a clean counter.
- Put everything except for the olive oil in the blender or food processor fitted with a steel blade and put the top on tightly. Turn the machine on and process until it looks thoroughly combined (you may need to stop the machine and use a rubber scraper to push everything down from the sides).
- While the machine is running, gradually add the olive oil through the feed tube (or, if you’re using a blender, through the hole in the lid) and process until it looks creamy.
- Pour into the container, cover and refrigerate up to 2 weeks.
Want to do it the low-tech way? Mince the anchovies, then put all the ingredients in a jar, screw the lid on tight, and shake, shake, shake!
Recipe provided by USDA MyPlate Kids Partner Group member: Chop Chop