- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin steak, sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp. each, salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Low-sodium Beef flavored broth
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 cups hot cooked egg noodles (cooked according to package directions)
- Slice beef into about 1 1/2×1/2-inch strips. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Cook mushrooms and onions in butter in medium-sized skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender; remove from skillet.
- Cook beef in the same skillet until brown. Stir in 1 cup of the beef broth and the Worcestershire sauce. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk the remaining beef broth into flour; and pour into the beef mixture. Add onion & mushroom mixture; heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute. Stir in sour cream; heat until hot (do not boil). Serve over noodles.
Budget-Friendly tip: Replace sirloin steak with ground beef.