- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- Combine blueberries, ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar and water in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally until sauce is slightly thickened and chunky. Cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Pour ½ cup of BBQ sauce in a shallow bowl, dip both sides of each chicken breast in the sauce and place them in shallow baking dish. Discard any sauce left in the bowl.
- Bake chicken for 15 minutes; turn the breasts over and spoon on 1/4 cup of the remaining BBQ sauce. Bake 15 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Slice breast 1/2-inch thick and serve with additional barbecue sauce on the side.
- Serves 4-6.